APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP
The Southern Cross Region of The Butler Society is a non-profit organisation originally established to represent Butlers in Australia and New Zealand. As people with Butler connections have emigrated to Australia and New Zealand from various parts of the world our network has been extended to include members from other countries. Most recently we have extended a welcome to Butlers from Argentina.
Our main focus is on assisting members to research and preserve their Butler family histories. Membership is extended not only to all those with the name of Butler (in all its various spellings), but also to those whose family has been allied with a Butler at some stage, or who may simply have an interest in the impact that Butlers have had on local history.
The Membership Fee is $50 Australian per household and covers the calendar year from January to December. For this subscription you:
- Receive regular Australian newsletters, which cover a variety of subjects relating to Butler history and Society activities;
- Can submit articles to these newsletters, and will therefore have the opportunity to seek further information, or to share knowledge, about your own family with other members;
- Can attend Regional Society Meetings, which are held four times a year in and around Melbourne. These provide the opportunity to meet other members, to share family history and research information, and to perhaps meet a relative of whom you had no previously knowledge;
- Can attend National Gatherings which are held every three years in Australia;
- Become part of a worldwide Butler network, which provides contact with people interested in Butler heritage in many countries around the world.
- Can access Genealogy information posted in the Members Only section of this website.
- Can exchange research hints and information with other members using our chat room.
A membership application form is attached. We look forward to welcoming you as a member of our Society soon.
Please Email this form to Alan Squires Treasurer.
or post to the address on the form.